The Kid-Friendly Way To Clean Your House
Chinese New Year is around the corner and I’m sure many of us would be fretting over spring cleaning our house to welcome visitors during this festive season. But hang on a moment… Have you ever wondered how much chemical yuck is lurking in your household cleaning supplies and how toxic it is whenever you use them to clean your house?
Top 6 Chemicals to Avoid in Household Cleaning Products
- Formaldehyde – usually found in laundry soaps, fabric softeners & dishwashing liquids. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen that can cause cancer.
- Preservatives – most preservatives are known allergens whereas some have been linked to cancer i.e. parabens and Methylisothiazolinone (“Allergen of the Year” 2013, American Contact Dermatitis Society)
- Sulfates (i.e. SLS, SLES) – commonly used as surfactants in cleaning products to create foam and lather. Sulfates can cause skin irritation in the form of peeling, rashes, dry or itchy skin or scaling especially for those who have sensitive skin. It is also one of the reasons why you see some people start scratching their bodies after they wear clothing that was freshly washed by chemical laundry detergents and fabric softeners. And… SLS is a common ingredient in toothpaste and can also cause canker sores (mouth ulcers).
- 1-4 Dioxane – this is a contaminant from the petrochemical production process that is linked to breast cancer in particular.
- Quats (Quaternary Ammonium Compounds) – they are petrochemical substances commonly found in commercial fabric softeners used to make fabric soft but may cause asthma and allergy.
- Optical Brighteners – they are used in laundry detergents to make us our clothes look brighter and whiter than it really is. They are designed to stay on clothes after washing and can cause a skin reaction that looks like sunburn. In addition to this, our clothes tend to turn yellowish over time is also due to the chemical residue that is not completely washed off and hence the need for optical brighteners.
You don’t necessarily need harsh chemicals in order to clean your house effectively.
In case you are wondering whether it is true that your house will be sparkly clean without the use of bleach and harsh chemicals… You might want to watch the video below on how I cleaned my super greasy kitchen hob earlier using the Thieves Household Cleaner from Young Living.
I’m not trying to encourage you to clean your kitchen hob only once a year like me. But yeah, this is the power of the all-natural Thieves Household Cleaner 🙂
The Thieves Household Cleaner is safe to be used even by kiddos – yup so you know you can depend on your little helpers for your upcoming spring cleaning project *LOL*
Basically, the Thieves Household Cleaner simply replaces ALL the detergents I keep under my sink because I can just use this ONE product to clean my kiddo’s toys, furniture, floor, windows, glass, and kitchen! It is very concentrated (the best part about Young Living‘s products), and hence I only need to use a capful of it to be diluted with lots of water. In fact, a 425ml bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner can make up to 30 spray bottles of multi-purpose cleaners and each bottle only cost about S$1.30! You cannot get such a great deal even from the supermarts! And best of all, I’m currently enjoying 20% rebates from my purchases since I’m already on Essential Rewards!
In addition, statistics have shown that there is a rise in children suffering from skin issues such as eczema. So instead of applying topical steroid creams that only serve to suppress the symptoms, perhaps it is time to look into the laundry soap and fabric softeners that you are currently using.
Your family deserves SAFE Products
I believe that you & your family deserve safe products that leave you happy with money left in your wallets.
So I would highly recommend you to get the Thieves Premium Starter Kit in order to start swapping the harmful chemicals under your sink cabinets with natural ones.
Click on below button to purchase your Thieves Premium Starter Kit from us now!